Thursday, December 23, 2010

Apples don't have kittens.

[Dan speaking, not David]: I'll spare us the annoyance of another long post about my frustration with the religious establishment, for the moment.

Just a moment ago, I came back to my computer where I happened to have run a Google search for Utica. The name Utica reminds me of the Polish word ulica, "street" (this association used to flow in the opposite direction). Just for fun, I decided to search both words together to see what results I would get. The abbreviation for "ulica" is "ul.". Searching for "ulica utica" (no quotes in the search), provided a lot of results with apparent bad text recognitions, and results for U.L., which I presume to represent Underwriters' Laboratories.

There's no moral to this story, I just thought it was amusing.

No comments: