Thursday, October 27, 2011

And now for something completely different (read: practical)

Hi everybody, Dan here:

I don't like to bug people about things like this unless I think it's really important, but this I think is: a petition to increase funding for elementary second-language eduacation. The text of the petition explains it all: learning languages at a young age improves learning across the board, to say nothing of the invaluable tool that is speaking a second language.

http://wh.gov/TvS

I'm sure you'll all take one look at this and think, like I initially did, "yeah, an online petition; who's going to read it?" Hell if I know, but if any online petition has a shot, I figure it ought to be one offered directly through the White House, and what's the worst that can happen if you take about 45 seconds of your time to try it out? If we don't even attempt to participate in the affairs of our government, who else can we blame when it doesn't represent us?

Please read it, sign it if you agree, respectfully abstain if you don't, and check out other initiatives on the site!

Thanks everyone!

No comments: