Thursday, November 30, 2006

robot arm/ drag show

Tonight I'm going to the Neo-Futurists' New show "Drag". I was going to go with folks from CTS' queer group, but every one of them bailed on me. No potential snowstorm will flag my adventure!

Also, I figured out something notable. The revelation came to me while Rachael and I were sitting on the roof of my apartment building (a amazing place to sit) reading Jane Yolen and John Irving respectively.

"It's like this," I said, "When you're around, it's like I have an extra, robotic arm that is super-strong and shoots lazers. When you're not around, I don't have it, but I still have two reasonably strong arm, and, you know, my lazer-sharp intellect."

So, I'm emotionally ready for Rachael to go to Nicaragua, partially because of this excellent, robotic metaphor.

Also, the spellcheck thinks that lazer should be spelled with an s. Screw that.

love,
David

No comments: