Saturday, April 14, 2007

Nicaragua: my bedroom







For three months I had my own room. Two walls are concrete, one wall is wooden board with tiny drilled holes in it, and one wall is curtains. There is no need for the house to be sealed so there is a space between wall and ceiling where light and air come in. All that´s necessary here is for it to be waterproof. Spiders are good because they eat disease-spreading mosquitos.

Now I am sharing my room with another volunteer, from Vermont (the same town Topher´s from). I believe I am currently the tidiest I have ever been. I don´t know why. Normally in my life my room has been a site of apparent disaster. Ken once said that if they threw a grenade into my room it would make it cleaner. But right now my room looks the same all the time. As Grandma Jean said, a place for everything and everything in its place.

No comments: